Dodge Durango insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Shopping for lower priced Boston Dodge Durango insurance quotes on the internet may seem to be somewhat intimidating for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing and buying car insurance on the internet. With so many insurance companies available, how can anyone have a chance to compare all the different companies and get the lowest price available?
How to buy affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Boston
The most effective way to find better pricing on Dodge Durango insurance in Boston is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Massachusetts. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It's hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Boston could save about 45% a year, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Locating the best rates in Boston is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Basically, each driver who needs lower cost insurance most likely will be able to save money. Nevertheless, Massachusetts vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies calculate your insurance rates.
It's important to know that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Score discounts on Boston car insurance
Some insurers don't always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow their insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To see car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Boston, click here.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Boston who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How long has their agency been open in Boston?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Insurance agent types
When researching a local Boston insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Boston are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These type of agents can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Boston who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A - Boston, MA 02125 - (617) 442-9490 - View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St - Boston, MA 02110 - (617) 443-9300 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare prices from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quote information.
- Child-Genovese Insurance Inc
44 Temple Pl - Boston, MA 02111 - (617) 350-5511 - View Map
- Cecil N Marchionne Insurance Agency, Inc
506 Main St - Medford, MA 02155 - (781) 391-7100 - View Map
- Thomas J. Bennett Insurance Agency
480 Washington St - Dorchester Center, MA 02124 - (617) 825-9676 - View Map
Once you have received good answers and affordable Dodge Durango insurance rates in Boston quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage. It's important to know that policyholders can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
Certain employers pay higher rates - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners, and accountants generally have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers like professors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Females tend to cost less - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Only buy add-on coverages you need - There are quite a few add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Liability coverage claims can be big - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Dodge Durango claim statistics - Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Durango in Boston, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Massachusetts but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Massachusetts is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote often and quote early
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Dodge Durango insurance in Boston. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Discount Dodge Durango insurance in Boston is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, poor customer service, denial of a claim or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding lower priced Dodge Durango insurance in Boston
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Boston.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
The most important part of this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links: