It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who do rate comparisons will presumably buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $72 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Boston is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The easiest way to find low-cost prices for Dodge Stratus insurance in Boston is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Massachusetts. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Boston is quite easy. If you already have coverage, you will be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Shoppers just need to understand the proper methods to get comparison rates using one simple form.
Finding more affordable car insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Massachusetts
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Boston, insurance is required in Massachusetts but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Stratus, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Get Cheap Auto Insurance with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Cautious drivers pay better premiums – Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Even a single chargeable violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers with license-revoking citations like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Insurance rates and driver gender – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Dodge every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your Stratus may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Being located in less populated areas of the country can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Less people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – There are a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge Stratus is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Massachusetts provide better rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Stratus?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Stratus?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced insurance in Boston can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for Dodge Stratus insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Much more information about insurance in Massachusetts can be found on the following sites:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Boston? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)