Wish you could get out of overpriced Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston? You’re in good company because there are many people just like you.
Unfortunately, most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Massachusetts being $1,400, drivers could save up to $588 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Boston.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more information to find cheap rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm increase brand awareness with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
It’s important to price shop coverage before your policy renews because prices change frequently. If you had the lowest price on Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston.
Ways to get Porsche Cayman insurance quotes in Boston, MA
Cutting your Boston car insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. You just have to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Porsche Cayman insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Massachusetts. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Boston, MA, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Porsche Cayman insurance rates and statistics
The table displayed next covers estimates of coverage costs for Porsche Cayman models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are figured can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$348||$314||$18||$94||$944||$79|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$390||$314||$18||$94||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Boston location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Porsche Cayman insurance prices for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Gender-based car insurance rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayman auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Porsche Cayman full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayman premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Cayman claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance is not optional in Massachusetts
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Boston, insurance is mandatory in Massachusetts but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cayman has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Porsche Cayman but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Save by driving less – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Cayman is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage.
Traffic violations mean higher prices – Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents impact Porsche Cayman car insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Theft deterrents save – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Do you work long hours in a tough vocation? – Careers like military personnel, business owners, and financial analysts generally have higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Porsche Cayman statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies use claims history when setting premium costs. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the loss history for Porsche Cayman vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche Cayman 2dr||183||40||99||36|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Boston may earn a discount when getting a Boston auto insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a slight reduction on a Boston auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The example below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayman insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, good student, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has discounts for IntelliDrive, new car, multi-car, student away at school, payment discounts, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, multi-policy, family plan, good student, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, pay in full, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and switch companies.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, safety device, claim free, multi-car, and good driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, driver’s education, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, professional/association, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, and good student.
If you need affordable Boston auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Boston.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Porsche Cayman?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Massachusetts?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Compare rates but work with a local Boston insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important particularly in Boston.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Boston agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you should always include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Boston that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
American Agency Systems Insurance
156 Porter St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 418-5089 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. A good agent in Boston will have answers to these questions.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
After getting satisfactory answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage at any point so never assume you are locked into a specific agent indefinitely.
One last thing about your coverage
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Boston auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Discount Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston can be sourced both online and with local Boston insurance agents, so get free Boston auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to find low-cost rates for Porsche Cayman insurance in Boston
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Boston is to regularly compare prices from companies that insure vehicles in Massachusetts. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Cayman coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)