How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest Lexus ES 300h insurance in Boston? Drivers not familiar with buying insurance coverage online are likely to discover locating inexpensive Lexus ES 300h insurance in Boston is harder than they anticipated.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Boston could cut their rates by as much as 45% a year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
It’s a great practice to compare rates on a regular basis because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates on Lexus ES 300h insurance in Boston two years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
When comparison shopping, quoting more helps you find a better price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data submission to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current ES 300h insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Boston auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Massachusetts, click this link.
Boston auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Massachusetts. The information shown next may help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- How your age affects premiums – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are proven to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Premiums may be lower depending on your job – Careers such as military generals, business owners, and medical professionals generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs like scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Females tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Driving citations increase premiums – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even a single moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. People who have license-revoking citations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Lexus ES 300h insurance loss data – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Lexus ES 300h vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lexus ES 300h Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus ES 300h Hybrid 4dr 138 80 186 79 89 89BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years