If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers in Boston.
- Read about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Boston is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to compare coverages can save money and time.
When shopping for Honda Odyssey insurance in Boston there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from local Boston insurance companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest Honda Odyssey insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to physically go to all the different Boston insurance agencies. The ability to quote Honda Odyssey insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of a local agency. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Statistics and details
The coverage table displayed below covers different insurance rates for Honda Odyssey models. Learning more about how rates are established helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$192||$432||$314||$18||$94||$1,050||$88|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$222||$508||$314||$18||$94||$1,156||$96|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$222||$508||$314||$18||$94||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions impact Honda Odyssey insurance rates for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on their website.
- Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below shows the comparison of Honda Odyssey auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you want affordable Honda Odyssey insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Boston, follow this link.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Massachusetts
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Odyssey in Boston, insurance is required in Massachusetts but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Honda Odyssey but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance companies ranked
Picking a highly-rated car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Massachusetts. The information displayed below can help you decide which providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Honda Odyssey?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Honda Odyssey?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Buying from insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Boston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Massachusetts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Boston?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Boston willing to provide price quote information.
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Boston willing to provide comparison quotes.