It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Boston is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Massachusetts. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Ram 3500 insurance in Boston. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop around once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on car insurance in Boston is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can save money and time.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Boston is actually quite simple. Drivers only have to learn the most effective way to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Getting low cost Dodge Ram 3500 car insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. You just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes from online providers.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance rates online replaces the need to go to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Boston, MA. In order to find the best car insurance in Massachusetts, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The coverage information below highlights detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having a better idea how prices are formulated is important for making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$270||$350||$438||$26||$132||$1,216||$101|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$332||$414||$438||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$332||$476||$656||$38||$196||$1,698||$142|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$332||$476||$438||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$332||$476||$438||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$332||$538||$656||$38||$196||$1,760||$147|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$332||$538||$656||$38||$196||$1,760||$147|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$332||$538||$656||$38||$196||$1,760||$147|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$476||$438||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$476||$438||$26||$132||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$332||$538||$656||$38||$196||$1,760||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram 3500 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Boston?
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Boston car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Boston attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Boston car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Boston car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Boston can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Ram 3500 can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
The example below compares Dodge Ram 3500 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in Massachusetts, click here to view.
Buying the right Ram 3500 insurance in Massachusetts is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram 3500 in Boston, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Dodge Ram 3500 but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Boston auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a good quality insurer is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Massachusetts. The company information displayed below may help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Boston that give free quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?