There isn’t a single person who likes paying for insurance, especially when they know it costs too dang much.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will probably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Boston is your objective, understanding how to find and compare insurance premiums can save time and money. Companies like GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons quite often because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Boston on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, you can learn to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Boston can be made easier if you know where to look. Drivers just need to use the quickest way to quote multiple rates using one simple form.
Finding cheap insurance prices is an easy way to save money. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with inexpensive Boston car insurance quotes.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rate quotes online makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to all the different insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Massachusetts. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Boston, MA, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers do not list the entire discount list very well, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign – Some larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Captiva Sport insurance in Boston.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
To view providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Massachusetts, click here.
Don’t I need to have guidance from an insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Boston who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Insurance agent types
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Either can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Boston that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Boston that are able to give price quotes.
Alan J Ross Insurance Agency Inc
225 Franklin St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 449-9413 – View Map
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Captiva Sport?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Massachusetts?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Their Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
How much liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Age of drivers – Youthful drivers in Massachusetts are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Know your credit rating – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in determining your rates. People with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Captiva Sport by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Cautious drivers pay the best rates – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Only having one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with multiple citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Employer and insurance rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military personnel, airline pilots, and dentists tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers such as professors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim data – Car insurance companies use data from past claims as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Boston, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
One last thing about your coverage
Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents. Low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Boston is definitely available on the web in addition to many Boston insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find cheap Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Boston
The best way to find more affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Boston is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Massachusetts.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Boston insurance agent
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional car insurance information is available at these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)