It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who get price comparisons are highly likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Boston is your goal, learning how to shop and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Chrysler Aspen insurance in Boston is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Massachusetts.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to help find cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Boston. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be relatively painless. All that’s required is to take a few minutes comparing rates to see which company has cheaper Boston auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Massachusetts. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in MA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How to know if you need help
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chrysler Aspen?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What does medical payments cover?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Boston who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Boston?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Boston are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Boston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most also write with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Boston that are able to give rate quotes.
- Alan J Ross Insurance Agency Inc
225 Franklin St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 449-9413 – View Map
- Regus insurance Agency, LLC
287 Newbury St – Boston, MA 02115 – (617) 902-0011 – View Map
- Massamont Insurance Agency Inc
280 Summer St – Boston, MA 02210 – (617) 478-5205 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to service your policy. Just remember policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into a specific company for any length of time.
Boston auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality car insurance provider is hard considering how many choices there are in Boston. The ranking information shown next may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance