Unbelievable but true according to a study about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Massachusetts being $1,430, drivers could save $590 every year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Saturn Sky insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in Boston. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Sky coverage is available in Boston. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Locating the best rates in Boston is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without reducing protection. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the most effective way to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Compare free Boston Saturn Sky insurance quotes
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Massachusetts. To get the best car insurance in MA, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Three good reasons to insure your Saturn vehicle
Even though Boston Sky insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Saturn Sky has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Saturn at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves your Saturn and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
How Your Sky Insurance Prices are Determined
Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Having a spouse brings a discount – Walking down the aisle actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Rates increase with driving citations – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant tickets such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
More policies can equal more savings – Most major auto insurance companies will award lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Best car insurance company in Massachusetts
Finding the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Boston. The rank data listed below may help you pick which insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
We covered many ways to lower your Saturn Sky insurance car insurance rates in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Boston auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boston, Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Boston? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)