Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Boston could save approximately $588 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Boston.
- Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Sentra coverage is available in Boston. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
These discounts can cut Nissan Sentra insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sentra insurance in Boston.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a slight reduction on a Boston auto insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give a small break for signing up digitally online.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, daytime running lights, military active duty, air bags, and federal employee.
- USAA has savings for multi-vehicle, military installation, family discount, driver training, defensive driver, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, good student, and early bird.
- Esurance may offer discounts for safety device, defensive driver, claim free, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for electronic funds transfer, distant student, business and professional, teen driver, pay in full, switch companies, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
Before buying, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Boston. To choose companies with significant discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
How to lower your Nissan Sentra insurance cost in Boston, Massachusetts
Finding a lower price on insurance is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Nissan Sentra coverage statistics
The rate table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Nissan Sentra models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are determined can be useful when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$158||$406||$350||$20||$106||$1,040||$87|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$158||$406||$350||$20||$106||$1,040||$87|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$180||$406||$350||$20||$106||$1,062||$89|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$180||$466||$350||$20||$106||$1,122||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can alter coverage rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Nissan Sentra insurance prices for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Boston who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in Boston, get answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Massachusetts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Boston are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Boston that are able to give comparison quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to check rates from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Boston that are able to give price quote information.
- Massamont Insurance Agency Inc
280 Summer St – Boston, MA 02210 – (617) 478-5205 – View Map
- Pilgrim Insurance Co
695 Atlantic Ave – Boston, MA 02111 – (617) 956-6000 – View Map
- State Fund Insurance
#1601, 100 Summer St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 956-9999 – View Map
Best auto insurance in Massachusetts
Picking a good quality insurance company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Boston. The company information in the next section can help you select which car insurance companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Quote often and quote early
A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Boston can be sourced on the web and with local Boston insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Nissan Sentra insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
When getting Boston auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Boston? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)