Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Boston is to annually compare prices from companies that insure vehicles in Massachusetts.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to get low prices and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Regrettably, over 70% of Massachusetts drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in the U.S. can save roughly $850 each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Reducing your Hummer H2 insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to invest a little time comparing free Boston auto insurance quotes to see which company has affordable Boston auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Slash rates with these discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring several vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, student driver, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, accident-free, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts including easy pay, good student, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and family plan.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-policy, online quote, anti-theft, claim free, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and bundle.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Boston. For a list of auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Boston, click this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Getting married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your car insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Hummer H2 has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most companies will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare Hummer H2 rates in Boston to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Always have car insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Boston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Boston who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a local Boston insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they function. Agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write policy coverage, but we need to point out why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Boston that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Baltic Insurance Agency
597 E Broadway – South Boston, MA 02127 – (617) 268-6030 – View Map
- Richard Soohoo Insurance
1148 Washington St – Boston, MA 02118 – (617) 338-8168 – View Map
- Vargas and Vargas Insurance
1133 Washington St – Dorchester Center, MA 02124 – (617) 298-0655 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston who can help you get rate quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing your policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my Hummer H2 covered if I use it for business?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheap Hummer H2 insurance in Boston is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop Boston auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be found on the following sites: