It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Boston is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Massachusetts. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare rates annually are inclined to switch companies because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that people who shopped around annually saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Boston is your ultimate objective, then knowing the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Boston is not that difficult. In a nutshell, every car owner who wants cheaper car insurance will more than likely find lower prices. But Massachusetts consumers do need to understand how insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
When shopping for cheaper Boston car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from many insurance companies in Massachusetts. The simplest method to find affordable Mitsubishi Mirage insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Just remember that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Check for these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked for before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Claim Free – Boston drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Boston car insurance online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Boston, follow this link.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Advanced theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Mitsubishi has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Older drivers save more – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Policy add-ons add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Loss statistics for a Mitsubishi Mirage – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Boston who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
If you want a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Boston can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Boston that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also write with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quotes.
- Goji Insurance
31 St James Ave – Boston, MA 02116 – (888) 991-1091 – View Map
- Security Insurance Agency, Inc
313 Washington St – Brookline, MA 02445 – (617) 739-2886 – View Map
- Arbella Insurance
120 Middlesex Ave – Somerville, MA 02145 – (617) 666-0222 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage. But remember, it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage at any time so don’t feel that you’re stuck with your new company for a certain time period.
Be persistent and save
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as hard as you think.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce Mitsubishi Mirage insurance premium rates online in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Boston car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Impreza in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)