Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Boston can drain your funds and force you to cut corners elsewhere.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around annually are likely to move their business because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Boston is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can help you succeed in saving money. Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company and uncover the absolute best price available on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Boston.
It’s smart to do price comparisons quite often because insurance rates change regularly. If you had the lowest rate on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Boston two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus LS 460, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your Lexus LS 460 and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Detailed insurance information
The rate table below highlights different insurance prices for Lexus LS 460 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$590||$290||$18||$86||$1,292||$108|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$590||$290||$18||$86||$1,292||$108|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$308||$590||$290||$18||$86||$1,292||$108|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$590||$290||$18||$86||$1,292||$108|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$308||$590||$290||$18||$86||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Lexus LS 460 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lexus LS 460 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Lexus LS 460 car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus LS 460 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Affordable rates on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Boston with these discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Boston Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will bring down the cost of your policy.
The chart below compares Lexus LS 460 insurance prices with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Massachusetts, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my Lexus LS 460 need full coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What are good deductibles for a Lexus LS 460?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
What is the best car insurance company in Boston?
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Massachusetts. The company rank data listed below could help you choose which providers to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies