Do you want cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Boston? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Kia Stinger in Massachusetts can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for your Kia and obtain the lowest price either online or from Boston insurance agents.
It’s a good habit to compare rates on a regular basis because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Boston two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Comparison shopping for the most affordable auto insurance in Boston is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Drivers only have to learn the tricks to get comparison rates over the internet.
Best Kia Stinger insurance rates in Massachusetts
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Lower-cost Boston insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, mySafetyValet, good student, TimeAway discount, accident-free, defensive driver, and early bird.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. To locate providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Kia Stinger Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine prices.
Avoid traffic tickets – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one citation may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Cars with good safety ratings mean better auto insurance rates – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Your spouse saves you money – Being married helps lower the price on auto insurance. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Combine policies and save money – Most major insurance companies give lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Liability protection safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Save miles and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Kia every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated Stinger may be wasting your money.
Don’t I need to contact an insurance agency?
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Boston.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Boston that can provide free Boston car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a good Boston insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can handle car insurance, but we need to point out the differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Boston that can possibly get you pricing information.
- State Fund Insurance
#1601, 100 Summer St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 956-9999 – View Map
- Metro Boston Insurance Agency
78 Bennington St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 561-3191 – View Map
- Flynn Insurance Agency, Inc.
30 Park St – Boston, MA 02129 – (617) 242-1200 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Boston exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Boston?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Boston?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles. But remember, you are able to cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Car insurance company ratings
Choosing the best insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Boston. The rank data in the next section can help you analyze which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
Shop smart and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
We covered many tips how you can reduce Kia Stinger insurance premium rates online in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
How to find discount Kia Stinger insurance in Boston
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Boston is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Massachusetts.
- It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)