Do you need a fast way to compare cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Boston? Perplexed by the crazy number of auto insurance providers available to you? There are so many providers to choose from that it is a chore to find the perfect company for you. If you live there, you know that Boston is the perfect city to reside in, but pricey auto insurance can make it nearly impossible to stay on budget.
Steps to saving money on Chevy Cruze insurance in Boston
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Chevy Cruze insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Boston. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to prevent rate hikes and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to shop for insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information such as whether you drive to work or school, how much you drive, the type of vehicles you drive, and whether you are single or married. Your information gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Cruze now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Massachusetts. To find cheap car insurance in MA, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
These discounts can cut Chevy Cruze insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Cruze insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may allow you to get cheaper premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, driver’s education, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide offers discounts for defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, homeowners, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in Boston. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best Chevy Cruze insurance discounts in Boston, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Stress out and pay more – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers like scientists, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Only buy coverage you need – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Cruze policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
You may save more by bundling policies – Most larger car insurance companies afford better rates to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Save money by having responsible credit – Credit history factor in determining your rates. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by improving your credit score.
Chevy Cruze claim probability – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years