Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Boston could pocket $600 a year, but they think it’s difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Audi Q3 insurance in Boston is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Massachusetts. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. These tips will instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. You just need to learn the least time-consuming way to shop using one simple form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Massachusetts. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Massachusetts, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Boston auto insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will give a small break for signing up online.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Q3 can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Boston can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Boston attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, air bags, seat belt use, good student, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paperless, multi-policy, teen driver, group or association, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance may include discounts for safety device, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, claim free, and online quote.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, anti-theft, driver’s education, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be available in Boston.
Compare prices but work with a local Boston insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Boston.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Boston who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
The following are agents in Boston that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Audi Q3 insurance in Boston.
- Vargas and Vargas Insurance
1133 Washington St – Dorchester Center, MA 02124 – (617) 298-0655 – View Map
- Merrimack Valley Insurance Agency Inc
655 Boston Rd #1a – Billerica, MA 01821 – (978) 330-6985 – View Map
- Richard Soohoo Insurance
1148 Washington St – Boston, MA 02118 – (617) 338-8168 – View Map
- Arbella Insurance
120 Middlesex Ave – Somerville, MA 02145 – (617) 666-0222 – View Map
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is there a local claims center in Boston?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Boston?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
The Audi Q3 Insurance Premium Equation
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Always have auto insurance – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Does auto insurance cost less for females? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Deter theft and pay less – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Occupation stress can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as fire fighters, executives, and dentists generally have higher rates than average due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, students and homemakers pay the least.
- Get married and get cheaper prices – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- High credit score translates to low costs – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Audi Q3 if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Insurance losses for an Audi Q3 – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Audi Q3 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Audi Q3 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q3 4WD 116 69 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional in Massachusetts
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Boston, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi Q3, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
How much can you save?
The cheapest Audi Q3 insurance in Boston is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can lower your Audi Q3 insurance rates in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
When you buy Boston auto insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Boston? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)