Are you looking for more competitive Acura TLX insurance in Boston? Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to pay high insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other drivers in Massachusetts.
Statistics show that most drivers in Massachusetts have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save themselves almost 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the right insurance company.
Shopping for the cheapest insurance coverage in Boston is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare prices using one simple form.
Best Acura TLX insurance rate quotes in Massachusetts
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Massachusetts. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Massachusetts, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get cheap Acura TLX insurance in Boston with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop Boston auto insurance digitally online.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see insurance companies who offer discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
Components of Your Acura TLX Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Consolidate and save – Most major companies apply a discount for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Guys are more aggressive – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders have fender benders in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Don’t let your car insurance policy lapse – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Massachusetts DMV.
Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
An active car insurance claims history can cost you more – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Massachusetts generally give better rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Insurance loss probability for an Acura TLX – Companies use claims history to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Acura TLX vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Will my Acura TLX be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Boston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Boston that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Massamont Insurance Agency Inc
280 Summer St – Boston, MA 02210 – (617) 478-5205 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quote information.
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Boston should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
What is the best auto insurance company in Boston?
Selecting the best company can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Massachusetts. The rank data shown next may help you pick which auto insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies don’t offer online quoting and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Boston can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Boston, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
How to save money on Acura TLX insurance in Boston
It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Boston is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Massachusetts. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Boston? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)