Statistics show that most Massachusetts car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Boston.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Rendezvous coverage is available in Boston. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you're already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas you're about to read. This article's intent is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. Although Massachusetts drivers need to learn how big insurance companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
It's important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Your location is a factor - Being located in a rural area has it's advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Drive less and get lower costs - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Rendezvous can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Getting married can lower rates - Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse means you're more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Obey driving laws and save - A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Don't buy add-on coverages that may not be needed - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- How much liability insurance - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Most larger companies will award better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's in your best interest to compare Buick Rendezvous rates in Boston to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Boston is to understand most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide a little information like if you have an active license, whether you drive to work or school, driver ages, and whether you are single or married. That information gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Boston.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Boston, MA. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Boston, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Rendezvous in Boston, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Rendezvous has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don't list their entire list of discounts very well, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Boston car insurance online.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may include these discounts are:
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Massachusetts, follow this link.
Local Boston insurance agents
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in Boston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Boston that can provide free Boston car insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for local Boston agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Boston that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Thomas J. Bennett Insurance Agency
480 Washington St - Dorchester Center, MA 02124 - (617) 825-9676 - View Map
- American Agency Systems Insurance
156 Porter St - Boston, MA 02128 - (617) 418-5089 - View Map
- T. A. Holland and Co. Insurance Agency LLC
7, 60 State St - Boston, MA 02109 - (617) 523-2828 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Boston that are able to give price quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St - Boston, MA 02110 - (617) 443-9300 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A - Boston, MA 02125 - (617) 442-9490 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Boston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How are claims handled?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium or even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
We just showed you many ideas to compare Buick Rendezvous insurance premium rates in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Boston? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)