Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can sap your savings and force you to tighten up your finances.
It’s astonishing, but most drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Boston could cut their rates by nearly $590 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Steps to finding cheaper Volvo XC70 insurance in Boston
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Volvo XC70 insurance in Boston is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Massachusetts.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper XC70 coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
With so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it’s difficult to choose a more affordable insurance company.
Best companies for Volvo XC70 insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Massachusetts. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Massachusetts, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The information below outlines different insurance policy prices for Volvo XC70 models. Learning a little about how auto insurance premiums are determined can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$278||$508||$356||$22||$106||$1,270||$106|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$278||$584||$356||$22||$106||$1,346||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific location which can modify coverage prices significantly.
Impact of careless driving on Boston insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions can influence Volvo XC70 insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volvo XC70 insurance discounts in Boston
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Boston car insurance depending on your company.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to track driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance premiums with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, accident-free, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer cheap Volvo XC70 insurance quotes in Massachusetts, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Boston.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Boston that can give you comparison quotes for Volvo XC70 insurance in Boston.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Which auto insurance company is best in Massachusetts?
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Massachusetts. The information shown next could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
A conclusion for your car insurance search
When getting Boston car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to find cheaper Volvo XC70 insurance in Boston. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Some car insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Volvo XC70 insurance in Boston is possible on the web in addition to many Boston insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to finding discount Volvo XC70 insurance in Boston
The most effective way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Boston. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, get an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Boston. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More information can be found at these links:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)