Are you overwhelmed by the number of auto insurance companies available to you? There are such a large number of options that it can easily become a real difficult job to find the lowest price for Volvo S80 insurance in Boston. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Boston is a great city to live in, but the high cost of auto insurance makes it difficult to afford coverage.
Steps to finding cheaper Volvo S80 insurance in Boston
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Volvo S80 insurance in Boston is to annually compare prices from different companies who sell insurance in Massachusetts. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper S80 coverage is available in Boston. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on Volvo S80 insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Most companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide coverage prices online. Getting online rates for Volvo S80 insurance in Boston is quite simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, their rating system orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
Getting online rates for Volvo S80 insurance in Boston makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a better rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Boston, MA. To buy cheap car insurance in MA, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Volvo S80 insurance in Boston with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Boston car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Boston car insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Boston could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below shows the difference between Volvo S80 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. To view providers that offer discounts in Boston, click here.
Analysis of coverages
The premium information displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Volvo S80 models. Being more informed about how auto insurance prices are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$348||$796||$434||$26||$130||$1,734||$145|
|S80 Executive AWD||$348||$900||$434||$26||$130||$1,838||$153|
|S80 V8 AWD||$382||$900||$434||$26||$130||$1,872||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in your specific Boston location which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
Raise deductibles and save
When buying auto insurance, a common question is what deductibles to buy. The following insurance rates help summarize the differences in price between low and high comp and collision deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$362||$704||$334||$20||$100||$1,545||$129|
|S80 Executive AWD||$362||$798||$334||$20||$100||$1,639||$137|
|S80 V8 AWD||$398||$798||$334||$20||$100||$1,675||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$264||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|S80 Executive AWD||$264||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,256||$105|
|S80 V8 AWD||$292||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible costs an average of $31 more each month or $372 a year averaged for all S80 models than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to average at least 13 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you choose a higher deductible.
How to decide to raise your deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$134|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $103|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$31|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $31|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||13 months|
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Volvo S80 insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Boston auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Volvo S80 car insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S80 auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Volvo S80 settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Boston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Boston for you
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Boston can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you get quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Boston independent insurance agents that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Arbella Insurance
120 Middlesex Ave – Somerville, MA 02145 – (617) 666-0222 – View Map
- Thomas J. Bennett Insurance Agency
480 Washington St – Dorchester Center, MA 02124 – (617) 825-9676 – View Map
- Vargas and Vargas Insurance
1133 Washington St – Dorchester Center, MA 02124 – (617) 298-0655 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Boston willing to provide price quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Boston?
- How are they compensated?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Insurance can be complex
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Volvo S80 Insurance Costs?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Men pay more for car insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volvo S80 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
- Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The more miles you rack up on your Volvo in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your S80 is just wasting money.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Teen drivers in Massachusetts are proven to be easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a inexperienced driver to your car insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Volvo S80 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Big cities have higher rates – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims.
Volvo S80 insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo S80 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S80 4dr 2WD 82 Volvo S80 4dr 4WD 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Boston, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Massachusetts but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cover all your bases
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheap Volvo S80 insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Volvo S80 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Boston can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
How to quote cheaper Volvo S80 insurance in Boston
The best way to get the cheapest Volvo S80 insurance in Boston is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Massachusetts. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on S80 insurance. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One piece of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)