The most effective way to find the cheapest price for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Boston is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Massachusetts.
First, read about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a negative credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Solstice insurance. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who perform rate comparisons are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on Pontiac Solstice insurance is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Low Cost Pontiac insurance rate quotes in Boston
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Boston, MA. If you want cheap auto insurance in MA, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings.
The items below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Extra coverages can cost a lot – Policies have extra add-on coverages that can add up on your Solstice policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
No claims equals cheap prices – Car insurance companies in Massachusetts give discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Gender and auto insurance prices – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. They both get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Drive less and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Solstice may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage.
Teenagers are high risk – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
Performance influences insurance costs – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Boston auto insurance quote when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Boston may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Some of the larger companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Boston, click here.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Boston.
By using this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Boston who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive and independent Boston car insurance agents
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Boston who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
After getting acceptable answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance. It’s important to know that you can terminate coverage any time you want so never assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
Quote often and quote early
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Boston can be bought on the web and with local Boston insurance agents, so you need to quote Boston auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is located in the articles below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Boston? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)