Looking for cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Boston? Have you fallen victim to an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and there are many Boston consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
It’s shocking but nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Boston consumers could save as much as $590 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Steps to buying cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Boston
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Mercury Sable insurance in Boston is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Massachusetts. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Boston. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
There are many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates for Mercury Sable insurance in Boston.
This information will let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and also pocket some savings If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. You only have to learn the quickest method to compare insurance rates instantly.
Slash rates with these premium slashing discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Sable insurance in Boston.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, multi-policy, newly married, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, multiple vehicles, good student, paid in full, and safe vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be available everywhere. For a list of insurers who offer online Mercury Sable insurance quotes in Boston, click here.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Mercury Sable insurance in Boston is to understand most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details including how your vehicles are used, if you went to college, distance driven, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Those rating factors is automatically sent to many different companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Boston, MA. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in MA, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance agents can help
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Local Boston insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Boston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Boston who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Boston are considered either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below are independent agents in Boston that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, high prices and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Boston is available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
Steps to saving on Mercury Sable insurance in Boston
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Mercury Sable insurance in Boston is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Massachusetts. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and a substandard credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One bit of advice is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Massachusetts can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)