It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $850 each year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Boston is your ultimate objective, then knowing the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Really, the only way to get affordable GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Boston. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Boston is actually quite simple. But Massachusetts vehicle owners benefit from understanding how companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Five factors that determine insurance costs
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
More performance means higher premiums – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below is based on a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates GMC Sierra 2500HD car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Getting married may save some money when shopping for insurance. It usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you save by driving less? – Driving more miles annually the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Sierra 2500HD may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance statistics and figures
The data table displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$406||$340||$20||$102||$1,098||$92|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$230||$406||$386||$22||$116||$1,160||$97|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$406||$340||$20||$102||$1,098||$92|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$230||$406||$340||$20||$102||$1,098||$92|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$466||$386||$22||$116||$1,220||$102|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$230||$466||$386||$22||$116||$1,220||$102|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$466||$340||$20||$102||$1,158||$97|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$230||$466||$340||$20||$102||$1,158||$97|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$230||$466||$386||$22||$116||$1,220||$102|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$466||$386||$22||$116||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Boston garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance premiums for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance cost for men versus women in Boston
The example below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get cheaper GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Boston with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Boston Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Boston may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Boston auto insurance quote when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 2500HD car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that have most of these discounts are:
If you are trying to find low cost Boston auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in Boston. For a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Massachusetts, click this link.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a high-quality auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Boston. The ranking information shown next could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Boston is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)