Sadly, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Boston insurance shoppers can cut their rates by approximately 45% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The easiest way to get low-cost Dodge Magnum insurance in Boston is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Massachusetts.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Magnum coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Our goal in writing this article help educate you on how car insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Nevertheless, Massachusetts drivers must learn how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
Dodge Magnum insurance quotes comparison
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Boston is very simple as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once entered, their quoting system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to do this in order to get the cheapest auto insurance rates.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you are getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge Magnum, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Magnum greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of these nine discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Boston auto insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Boston and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course in driver safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
Some companies who may offer most of the discounts above are:
If you are trying to find cheaper Boston auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Savings might not apply in Boston.
Compare rates but work with a local Boston insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Boston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Boston who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two types of Boston car insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Boston can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you contact several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Boston that can possibly get you price quotes.
- One Call Insurance
121 Tremont St – Boston, MA 02135 – (617) 782-2255 – View Map
- Richard Soohoo Insurance
1148 Washington St – Boston, MA 02118 – (617) 338-8168 – View Map
- Allston Insurance Agency, Inc.
1065 Commonwealth Avenue # 3 – Boston, MA 02215 – (617) 562-8200 – View Map
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Boston that are able to give comparison quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Magnum?
- Who is covered when they drive my Dodge Magnum?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is the minimum liability in Massachusetts?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 20/40/5 that means you have a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, attorney fees and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Massachusetts requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Magnum to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Magnum.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (20/40/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Shop smart and save
Cheap Dodge Magnum insurance in Boston can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Boston? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)