It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will presumably switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Boston is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for coverages can save time and money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Boston is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Massachusetts.
First, take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is to try to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Low Cost Chrysler insurance rates in Boston
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Massachusetts, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Companies offer many discounts on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Boston
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount available very well, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Crossfire can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Claim-Free Discount – Boston drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Boston auto insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Discount – Boston drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags may get savings as much as 30%.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for exclusive group savings, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
- American Family discounts include good student, air bags, early bird, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, distant student, homeowner, teen driver, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for safe driver, company car, paperless, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Boston, click here to view.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Massachusetts?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local Boston insurance agents and auto insurance
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Boston who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Boston?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Boston insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Boston can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Boston exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Boston who can help you get price quotes.
- Security Insurance Agency, Inc
313 Washington St – Brookline, MA 02445 – (617) 739-2886 – View Map
- Knapp Schenck Insurance Services
1 India St #204 – Boston, MA 02109 – (617) 742-3366 – View Map
- Richard Soohoo Insurance
1148 Washington St – Boston, MA 02118 – (617) 338-8168 – View Map
If you feel you receive good feedback to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy. Just understand that policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company with no way to switch.
Be persistent and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce Chrysler Crossfire insurance prices online in Boston. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Boston is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be found at these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Felons in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)