Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers in Massachusetts have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Boston.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best insurance company for you in Boston can be made easier if you know where to look. But Massachusetts drivers do need to learn how companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering BMW M2 insurance in Massachusetts
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Massachusetts. To find the best auto insurance in MA, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Boston insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can qualify you for better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- American Family discounts include air bags, good driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, multi-vehicle, good student, and accident-free.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Massachusetts, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is still important in Boston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Boston that can provide free Boston auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Boston?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Best car insurance in Massachusetts
Ending up with the highest-rated car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Massachusetts. The company rank data displayed below can help you select which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence pays off
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find lower-cost BMW M2 insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Boston auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Boston? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)