The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Boston.
- Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help reduce prices and get bigger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Boston. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never quoted insurance rates at all. Massachusetts consumers could save themselves as much as 45% a year, but they won’t spend time to find cheaper insurance rates.
Reducing your insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing free Boston car insurance quotes to see which company has low cost Boston car insurance quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting and buying Audi A4 insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A4 insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Massachusetts is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
Audi A4 insurance statistics and information
The table shown below showcases different insurance prices for Audi A4 models. Being more informed about how prices are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$236||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,166||$97|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$414||$334||$20||$100||$1,104||$92|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$414||$334||$20||$100||$1,104||$92|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$236||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,166||$97|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$264||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Audi A4 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents can raise Audi A4 car insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below shows the comparison of Audi A4 yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A4 settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Determine discounts on Boston auto insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Free – Boston drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates compared to bad drivers.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Massachusetts, click here.
Best auto insurance company in Massachusetts
Selecting the best insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Boston. The ranking data below can help you choose which providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%