It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in Boston is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Massachusetts. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more information to get affordable coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Boston. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in Massachusetts could save an average of 45% each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Boston is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. But Massachusetts car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from many different Massachusetts insurance companies. One of the best ways to comparison shop consists of shopping online.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive to insurance agencies in your area. The internet makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
Just keep in mind that quoting more helps locate the best rates. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Boston, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves your Pontiac and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help to save on Pontiac GTO insurance in Boston
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every possible discount very well, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on GTO insurance in Boston.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Boston auto insurance but check with your company.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
To see insurers that offer multiple discounts in Boston, follow this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Boston insurance agencies
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Boston who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer should include more criteria than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Boston for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Boston are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Boston willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Boston willing to provide price quote information.
Once you have received good feedback as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Which car insurance company is best in Massachusetts?
Finding the top car insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Boston. The information displayed below may help you select which coverage providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
As you quote Boston auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. The cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in Boston is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Massachusetts can be found at these links:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boston, Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)