A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in America could pocket up to 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Lexus LC 500 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell insurance in Boston.
Step 1: Learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as your driving record and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives ideas to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
How to find affordable Lexus LC 500 insurance in Boston, MA
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Boston, MA. To find cheap auto insurance in Massachusetts, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need LC 500 insurance in Massachusetts
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus LC 500 has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Score discounts to get cheaper Boston auto insurance rates
Companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better auto insurance rates.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current LC 500 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, air bags, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, switch companies, mature driver, business and professional, homeowner, teen driver, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, paid in full, good student, anti-theft, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Boston.
Compare prices but still have a local Boston insurance agent
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Boston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Boston that can provide free Boston car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a good Boston insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Boston can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Boston that can give you free price quotes.
- Vargas and Vargas Insurance
1133 Washington St – Dorchester Center, MA 02124 – (617) 298-0655 – View Map
- Regus insurance Agency, LLC
287 Newbury St – Boston, MA 02115 – (617) 902-0011 – View Map
- Child-Genovese Insurance Inc
44 Temple Pl – Boston, MA 02111 – (617) 350-5511 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Boston that are able to give price quote information.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. A good agent in Boston will have answers to these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When searching for cheaper Boston car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Lexus LC 500 insurance premium rates online in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Boston car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below: